Friday 24 April 2009

Fall English 2200 Course

Several of you have emailed me or spoken to me about my fall teaching schedule. As I mentioned in class last night, I am teaching an English 2200 course, Intro to Lit, and I expect it to be a lot of fun. We will learn a lot about literary forms and genres and then apply that knowledge to discussions of really great literature. My hope is that after this class, you will never again read a poem, story, novel, or play in the same way again. If you have enjoyed the reading we have done this semester and would like some more in-depth discussion of literature, please come aboard.

This class is an HH course, which means it satisfies your general Humanities requirement, which all majors require as far as I know. If you are an English major, this will count toward your electives requirement. If you are one of those people who takes a course now and again just because you want to (gasp!), this might be a good one, too.

If you can't take the class (or don't want to), I would appreciate it very much if you would help me to spread the word that I am teaching it (the catalog just says "STAFF," a rather innocuous word that is not likely to inspire anyone). I'll be putting up some posters over the summer as well in case you want one for your refrigerator.


The details: English 2200 Section 001, TR 1:00-2:15.

Cheers. I'll see you on Tuesday. Remember: LIBRARY, Room 206, 3:00-5:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment